Learn more about the tasks, goals and contact persons of the German Reference Point for Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training (DEQA-VET).
On 1 August 2008, DEQA-VET, the German Reference Point for Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) was established in Bonn, on behalf of Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
DEQA-VET actively engages in networking VET actors and institutions in Germany. As a point of contact and service office for questions relating to all aspects of quality assurance and quality development in vocational education and training (VET), DEQA-VET…
- pulls together information and expertise,
- instigates projects and initiatives, and
- organises events relevant to the theme.
Our aim is to form networks among stakeholders in VET (which include the social partners, companies, part-time vocational schools, full-time vocational schools, continuing vocational education providers and certification bodies, VET researchers, and education policymakers and administrators within the Federal and Länder governments), and to fulfil an intermediary role between the national and the European level. As the National Reference Point, we represent a node of the European EQAVET network (known as ENQAVET until 2010).
Our tasks cover the following areas:
- Ensuring a flow of mutual information between national stakeholders and the European EQAVET network on each other's activities in quality assurance and development.
- Supporting the implementation of the EQAVET work programme.
- Developing concrete measures to support quality assurance and quality development in the German VET sector.
- Raising awareness among national stakeholders of the benefits of applying the principles, methods and tools of quality assurance in VET.