(start of content [to context-sensitive information use key I, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
German National Guidance Forum in Education, Careers and Employment (nfb)
The German National Guidance Forum in Education, Careers and Employment (nfb) is a cross-organisational network in the field of guidance.
It provides an independent forum in which collaboration can take place between all institutions concerned with guidance, such as research institutions, training centres for guidance practitioners, professional associations, governmental and non-governmental authorities and agencies offering or financing consultancy and counselling.
The aims of the nfb are the promotion of transparency, quality and professionalism in education, careers and employment guidance and a corresponding further development of the guidance system in line with the requirements of all citizens.
The National Forum has committed to achieving the following objectives:
- facilitating access to competent guidance for all citizens via transparency, networking and further development of guidance provision;
- supporting the guidance needs of certain target groups;
- promoting and developing the use of a wide range of methods;
- developing joint guidelines for quality standards for the implementation of guidance and for the qualification of guidance staff and recommending such guidelines to the responsible stakeholders for recognition;
- contributing towards securing the needs and expectations of guidance users and consumers;
- providing impetuses for the professional further development of guidance.
Cooperation is currently ongoing between the nfb and the Institute for Educational Research (IBW) at the Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg within the scope of the joint project Open coordination process for quality development of guidance in education, careers and employment, which is being funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for a period of 27 months (1 October 2009 – 31 November 2011).
The nfb has international networking in place and supports Germany’s membership of the European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (ELGPN).
(end of content [to context-sensitive information use key I, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
(start of context-sensitive information [to content use key C, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
National Guidance Forum (nfb)
- Kurfürstenstr. 131
- 10785 Berlin
- Telephone: +49 (0)30 - 25 79 37 41
- Fax: +49 (0)30 - 26 39 80 999
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org