(start of content [to context-sensitive information use key I, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
Deutsche Version dieser Seite
Federal Institute of Vocational Education and Training (BIBB)
In the course of revising the Vocational Training Act VET research was confirmed as being one important task of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training. The objectives and framework for the Institute’s research were set out in detail in the Vocational Training Act (BBiG).
According to Section 84 of the Act, the object of vocational training research at BIBB is to
- clarify the fundamentals of vocational training,
- track domestic, European and international developments in vocational training,
- identify standards for the subject matter and objectives of vocational training,
- pave the way for further developments in the field of vocational training to meet changing economic, societal and technical requirements,
- further the development of instruments and procedures for the provision of vocational training and promote the transfer of knowledge and technology.
The statutory framework is therefore fairly broad in scope. Activities are planned more specifically in an annual and a medium-term research programme.
The latter provides a framework for the development of new projects in the course of the following year. Based on the reserach programme in-house projects are elaborated and realized. This practice has become operative for the first time in 2006.
Further tasks see BIBB Public
(Source: Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB))
(end of content [to context-sensitive information use key I, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
(start of context-sensitive information [to content use key C, to service navigation use key S, to main navigation use key M])
Movie: Vocational Education and Training in Germany
[WMV - 143.81 MB]